Interested in becoming a member of the trail and getting more involved? Join today and pay online through PayPal. There are options from one year to lifetime memberships for individuals and families.
Pay online below:
One-year Individual Membership- $20.00
Paying by mail?
Click here for a printable membership form that can be mailed in if you would prefer to send the form and money through standard USPS mail.
- Not interested in becoming a member, but still want to donate to the trail? Follow the link below:
Why should you join?
- Funding: Although the trail is built with large grants from government and private foundations, the trail is a non-profit entity. Ongoing maintenance and small improvements are coordinated and funded by local volunteers. Membership fees and fundraising events coordinated by members (volunteers) are what pay for maintaining the trails.
- Local Support: In order to expand the trail network, large grants from government and foundations are needed. These entities want to know that future trails are supported by their local community. A large membership demonstrates that the trails are wanted and supported by volunteers.
- Volunteers: Along with financial support, volunteers can donate their time to the trail by helping to promote, maintain, monitor, and raise funds to support trail efforts. Trail members make up the majority of these volunteers.
- Support of Rails to Trails: A portion of membership fees go to the parent organizations (Regional Trail Corporation, Allegheny Trail Alliance) which helps to coordinate new trail development.
- Pride of Ownership: Becoming a WHT member gives the individual a stake in the trail, knowing they are doing something positive to make a better community.