- What is the mileage of each section of the trail?
- The Saltsburg to John Rangos section is 8.5 miles, and the Export to Trafford section is 9.3 miles.
- How do I become a member of the trail?
- How can I become a volunteer/trail monitor/trail ambassador for the trail and/or get involved?
- Attend one of our meetings! We meet the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. Check our website or Facebook page for the location announcement.
- I’d like to host a 5k/run/walk/bike event on the trail; what is the process for getting that approved?
- You must fill out the trail use application (located here), and return it with requested insurance documentation to Leslie Pierce at the Regional Trail Corporation. She will review the application and pass it along to the WHT Chapter.
- Due to the increasing number of requests to use the trail for events, we have determined that the maximum size of an event will be limited to 200 participants or less. Each group is also responsible for arranging their own event parking with local businesses and road crossing safety with local law enforcement. Proof must be provided of these two items before approval for the event will be given.
Have other questions not answered here or anywhere else on our website? Fill out a contact form.