Westmoreland Heritage Trail Rules
- You are a welcome guest. Please follow these simple rules and use common sense, courtesy, and caution.
- Trail is open daily, dawn to dusk. No overnight use is permitted.
- No motor vehicles are permitted, except motorized wheelchairs and similar devices built specifically for mobility disabilities. Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices (OPDMD’s), not specifically designed for disabilities may be used, provided:
- Motors on electric devices are 250 watts or less
- Devices weigh less than 100 lbs. (43kg)
- Devices are no more than 35″ wide
- Devices have fully operating pedals
- Devices with internal combustion engines are not permitted
- Share the trail. Keep right and pass on the left.
- Bicycles yield to walkers.
- Walkers please walk single file and to the right.
- Give verbal warning when overtaking other trail users.
- All pets must be on 6′ leash and under control. Clean up after your pet.
- Dumping and littering is prohibited. If you see litter please pick it up.
- Please respect private property. Stay on the trail.
- No hunting or shooting from the trail. Hunters and fisherman may use the trail for access to private property.
- No horses are permitted.
- Permits are required for special group events. Call 724-872-5586.
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS: Fire, EMS, and Police 9-1-1
To view the Regional Trail Corporation Mobility Device Policy in its entirety, click here.